Part Number: CX03-7560-18-1KG
19 in stock
PLA+Silk gives a glossy shine to anything you print with it. It looks great, is extremely easy to print with, and has generally good mechanical properties. It's perfect for showpieces and decorative models.
Coex 3D PLA+Silk is made with Virgin NatureWorks USA Ingeo resin, a high-quality colorant, and our secretive additive. All of Coex's filament is made in our production facility located in Wisconsin, USA. Coex 3D uses industrial-grade extruders and laser measuring quality control to ensure quality, consistency, and a 1.75±0.03mm diameter specification with every spool. We provide filament that gives excellent-looking and strong prints.
Recommended Print Settings
Coex 3D recommends the following print settings when printing with our PLA. Settings will vary depending on your specific printing setup.
- Hotend Temperature: 215 °C - 235 °C
Important! This temperature range may seem hotter than you're used to for other PLA+Silk filaments. Using 100% virgin resin causes our PLA+Silk to require slightly higher printing temperatures.
- Heated Bed Temperature: 40 °C - 60 °C
- Note: A heated bed is not a strict requirement when printing PLA+Silk, but using one is recommended.
- Recommended Build Surfaces/Adhesives
- Glass Build Surface
- PEI Build Surface
- Painter's Tape
- Glue Stick
- Cooling Fan: Recommended. Up to 100% fan speed is advisable when printing PLA+Silk.
- Drying: PLA+Silk filament is hygroscopic and will absorb moisture from the air if not stored in a dry environment. If this happens, you may experience under-extrusion/inconsistent extrusion or excess stringing. You may also hear a "popping" sound coming from the hotend during printing. We recommend drying our PLA at 55 °C for at least 3 hours if it has been exposed to excess humidity.